Zoom is high-quality video-conference software that allows anyone to communicate by webcam with an Internet connection.
Even though Zoom can be used without an account (by joining a meeting as a guest), we highly recommend our Members to create a Zoom account and connect with the teacher before Zoom English lessons.
How to create an account on Zoom
Zoom is a high-quality cloud meeting app. If you’re using Zoom from your computer, please follow the following steps for set up:
- Go to https://zoom.us/ and sign up for a free account
- Enter your email address and click on Sign up (please make sure it’s the same email address you used to sign up for your English course so that we can connect with you easily)
- Check your inbox and activate your account
- Fill in your details and choose a password
- Skip the step to invite your colleagues
- Test a Zoom Meeting
- Open a test Zoom meeting
- If you skipped this you can always download Zoom from this page: https://zoom.us/download (Zoom Client for Meeting)
- Enter the meeting and click on the green button to use your microphone
- Once you do that you can end the test meeting
- Another window should come up, go to contacts
- Add your teacher’s email (the one you received it by email)
- The setup is finished. Please connect to Zoom a few minutes before your appointment. Your teacher will call you on Zoom for your lesson.