Learn English online with a native English teacher from the convenience of your home or office through Zoom, Skype or phone. Our lessons are 100% in English whatever your English level is, because we believe it is the best way to learn English and to achieve real results.
We offer a variety of online English courses to choose from.
1. The Online English Courses offered
The STARTER formula gives you access to our native-English teachers through the Live-English Club, our weekly English group lessons aimed at helping you feel more confident speaking about general topics and communicating in English on various topics.
The PRO and PREMIUM formulas not only give you access to the group lessons of the Live-English Club but also gives you the possibility to learn English in individual lessons by Skype or Zoom. These lessons are targeted to your exact needs, whether you want to improve your English for work, personal development, to prepare for a job interview or an exam.
2. Speaking English online around different tracks
In the PRO formula, you choose one of the following tracks which gives you access for your individual lessons to the most suitable teachers. In the PREMIUM formula, you can mix objectives and get access to a wider choice of teachers.
Depending on your learning objective, the individual English lessons can be part of the following classes:
- Spoken English Course: a personalized course to help build up your confidence in spoken English through specific conversation topics. To prepare for your lesson pick an article from our Study Box, our learning platform, and discuss current affairs, culture, technology, and many more topics with your teacher. You will get some key vocabulary to rehearse and use in different situations, as well as questions to make sure you understood the material properly.
- American English Course: your English classes are provided by American teachers who will help you learn and speak American English and get more familiar with the American culture
- British English Classes: your English classes are provided by British teachers who will help you learn and speak British English and get more familiar with the British culture
- Mix of English accents: your English classes are provided by a mix of teachers from different nationalities like American, British, South African, Australian, etc. who will help you understand the differences between different English-speaking countries and get a broad understanding of the Anglo-Saxon culture
- English for Young learner: Live-English.net helps younger learners from the age of 12 to improve their fluency and confidence while speaking English
- General English for Lower levels: the classes we offer are suitable for people who have at least a lower-intermediate level. If you have not had a chance to learn English at a high level, it’s not too late! We have teachers who have experience and a specific methodology to help you reach the next level
- Professional & Business English course: English is used widely for professional reasons and in business situations. In order to help you improve your Professional English, whether you need to feel more comfortable with overseas clients, or speaking to colleagues, for we have developed a multi-track course aimed at reviewing key vocabulary in the field of your choice.
You can choose the right track for your needs, that is the relevant to your learning objective:
- General Business English lessons: this is the right English class if you want to cover broad topics of business English, the business news, the economy and other general topics linked to business.
- Finance & Accounting English classes: the English teachers who are teaching finance and accounting have a good knowledge and professional experience in that field that allows the business conversation to go deeper.
- English lessons for Human Resources: many of the teachers who are teaching this track have previous work-experience in the HR field as recruiter or HR managers and understand the questions raised.
- English for Sales and Marketing: to sell in English you need to have a certain level of fluency and confidence to pitch your product. Our team of teachers will help you build up the skills you need in that field.
- Science and Technology English lessons: you will find English teachers with a scientific background who will help you discuss professional matters if your working field is science or technology.
- Medical English: learn the terminology and discuss medical topics with trained English teachers who have previous working experience in the medical industry.
- Personal Development English: grow your soft skills as well as your English with this special English course.
- Job interview in English: No professional situation is as stressful as a job interview, especially if it is held in a language that is not your mother-tongue. Unless you have a team of teachers that support you, train you, and make you feel comfortable and at ease when answering all the typical job interview questions. That’s what our special course for a Job interview in English was created for. It might be the right key for your overseas career or for that executive role you are dreaming of!
- English Exams preparation: Preparing an exam that assesses your level of English is a stressful business. But it is also a great opportunity to… improve. Our students get to be trained by professional teachers who specialize in English qualifications and know the difficulties and the pitfalls of each and every one of them. You will get all the support you need, whether you need to take a Cambridge exam like the FCE or the IELTS, or an American exam like the TOEIC or the TOEFL exam. We can also help you prepare for any other English exam you may need to pass.
When you choose this course, you get access to teachers who have the most experience with you specific exam:
- IELTS Preparation course: the IELTS is a very popular test for people who want to relocate to an English-speaking country. Prepare for that exam with our dedicated teachers.
- TOEIC Preparation course: the TOEIC is a very recognized test among companies, professionals will be able to prove their English level based on the score they got.
- TOEFL preparation course: American universities require this test from foreigners. If you need to prepare for this exam, we have teachers who have successful experience helping their students.
- Cambridge Exams: the First, Advanced or Proficiency exams are some of the most respected international English exams that you will be able to prepare with Live-English.net.
- French Prepa program: in France, Prepas follow a special curriculum and a competitive exam to enter engineering or business schools. We have a special program of these students.
- other Professional Exams: no matter what your English exam is, we’ll be able to help you as long as we find out the requirements of your exam.
3. Extras included in the Premium English Course
Included in the PREMIUM formula or sold separately, these 2 English Writing courses will help you polish your writing skills:
- English Writing Course: Writing in English is not as easy as it may sometimes seem. Depending on what you need to write, whether it’s a formal letter, an email, or an essay, you need to follow specific guidelines and be comfortable with the expressions that are commonly used. Our English Writing Course will help you get all the tools you need to write correctly, you will even get assignments that will be corrected and commented to help you improve your English writing skills.
- Business English Writing course: If writing in English correctly is not always easy, writing in a professional or business context is even harder, since you need to have specific knowledge of fixed expressions or figures of speech for every professional context, that may vary depending also on the register of formality you need to use. To help our students with this challenging task we developed our Business English Writing course. We recommend it to all those professionals who need to review and improve their writing skills to feel more comfortable during commercial correspondence or exchanging emails with partners, clients and prospects.
With the PREMIUM formula, on top of the many advantages, you can bring your own material to the lesson: rehearse a presentation, a speech, prepare for a conference call, write an email, go over an article or any other document. We highly recommend it if you are actively using English at your workplace and need to speak and write correctly.
Not sure what to choose? Start with a free trial lesson and discuss your needs with one of our teachers.
4. How do I choose the right English Course?
It all depends on your short term and long term goals.
English Job interview preparation courses for example are great if you already have a job interview scheduled in the coming days or weeks. If you just want to feel more confident in a professional environment, then the business English course will best answer your needs.
Regarding the exam preparation course, it’s usually a good idea to prepare at least 3 months in advance (ideally you should devote 3 to 6 months to the exam so that you know what kinds of test you have to take, what mistakes and traps you should avoid and what vocabulary you need) but you can also do it as an intensive course and take lessons every day or almost.
If you intend to take lessons in the long term, then our English conversation course will help you get the confidence you need to discuss any kind of topic, to express your ideas, and to defend your point of view in English.
Before you register for one of our English courses, make sure you take your free English trial lesson (no credit card required) to discuss your specific needs and have your English level evaluated by one of the Live-English advisors.